[mythtv-users] Fast forward freezing (any multiple)

Bryan Bennetts bbennetts at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Mar 3 12:15:12 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 27 February 2007 21:58, raphael wrote:
> Bryan Bennetts wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > On my main be/fe machine fastforward (and I think rewind) freeze after a
> > short period.  I *think* it maybe something to do with my sound setup,
> > but am not sure.
>
> In my case, it's related to which mpeg decoder I use. ffmpeg fast
> forwards the video just fine, very smoothly at any speed. But playback
> at normal speed results in the occasional sound skipping. libmpeg2
> results in perfect playback, but after FF for more than 5 seconds at
> speed 5x or more (for some reason 3x is just fine), and I get the pause
> you mentioned. I never bothered to fix it because it would again
> continue FF if I changed the speed by one increment or used the 30 sec
> skip button, so it wasn't a problem. That and I never use FF, just the
> skip forward function.
> Anwyay, you could try and see if changing the decoder makes a difference
> and see if that helps isolate the cause.

Thanks Raphael,

You're right ffmpeg fast forwards fine, I haven't noticed any sound skipping
tho - so maybe I'll stick to that for the moment...

Bryan.
--
Pulsic Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (company number
384068) with its registered office at 150 Park Avenue, Aztec West, Bristol