[mythtv-users] auto expire and re-record

Jason Joines jason at joines.org
Fri Mar 2 15:52:56 UTC 2007

    I'm using MythTV 0.20.  My default setting for recordings is to
allow auto expire so old syndicated shows don't keep new episodes of
stuff from being recorded due to lack of disk space.  After I watch a
show I delete it and frontend lets me pick between just deleting it and
allowing it to be re-recorded.
    Are the shows that get deleted by auto expire set to allow
re-record?  If not, is there a way to change it so the default for auto
expire shows is allow re-record?  Also, is there a way to identify which
shows have been deleted because of auto-expire and change them to allow
re-record?
    I've poked around in the tables a bit but haven't identified what
controls this.  I'm guessing that choosing to allow re-record removes a
record somewhere and that not choosing allow re-record leaves a record
so that myth can tell it's already recorded it before.

Jason Joines