[mythtv-users] Controlling volume of reciever

btsglw btsglw at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 12:06:55 UTC 2007

On 02/03/07, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got lirc working correctly for the IR blast and receive to change the
> volume on my receiver but i have one small problem. When i press vol once it
> works great but if i hold it nothing happens.  How can i alter lircrc to
> allow me to hold vol and have it repeat the cmd over and over like a normal
> remote will do.
>
> thanks,
> Mitchell

Hi,

I believe you need to check the repeat = and delay = settings for your
volume keys in your .lircrc file

excerpt from http://www.lirc.org/html/configure.html#lircrc_format documentation

repeat
tells the program what shall happen if a key is repeated. A value of
zero tells the program to ignore repeated keys. Any other positive
value 'n' tells the program to pass the config string every 'n'-th
time to the according application, when a key is repeated. The default
for repeat is zero.
delay
tells the program to ignore the specified number of key repeats before
using the "repeat" configuration directive above. This is used to
prevent double triggers of events when using a fast repeat rate. A
value of zero, which also is the default, will disable the delay
function.

HTH

Ver