[mythtv-users] What HDTV capture card has the most support?

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Thu Mar 1 16:02:14 UTC 2007

On Thursday 01 March 2007 10:34, Chris Cox, N0UK wrote:
> I am using three differnet cards successfully - pcHDTV-3000,
> Air2PC/Flexcom, and an ATI HDTV Wonder.  They each seem to work as
> effectively as each other, however, none of them work on a new 64-bit AMD
> box that I built as a replacement for an old e-machines box.
>
> Although the three cards are all recognised by the OS' DVB drivers, all of
> them fail when mythtv-setup initiates a Channel Scan.  Although lock is
> found on all of the appropriate channels, they log a Timeout - No Tables
> Found error.
>
> Don't know if it's specific to my motherboard or what although I believe
> that I have seen other peoiple report PCI bus voltage problems with some
> HDTV cards on x86_64 systems.

FWIW, a channel scan works successfully for me with a pcHDTV 3000 card in an
AMD Athlon 64 box running Gentoo, so I don't think this is a 64-bit issue per
se, unless maybe it's one related to specific versions of MythTV or drivers.
That said, the pcHDTV 3000 gives me poor QAM reception, in both my Athlon 64
box and in a Celeron-D 3.06GHz box.

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com