[mythtv-users] problems about MythTV installation and plugin develop on Fedora.

Chua KianTeck chua_kianteck at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 1 07:06:27 UTC 2007

Jarod Wilson <lists at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>I had it in my head that just about all of Singapore was wired with
>fibre optics, which ought to make for a pretty snappy download from a
>mirror within Singapore.
>
>/me pets his own fibre pipe, which can routinely suck down 20Mbps
>now. :)
>
>--
>Jarod Wilson
>jarod at wilsonet.com

Well, true to a certain extent.  It's F/O to the local switches / telco exchange.  From there, it's copper (cable or adsl) to the residential apartments.

There are trials going on at a couple of private condominiums whereby residents can get up to 100mbps download speed.  Not sure if it's fibre or copper based.

And of course, the only local cable operator, StarHub, is also offering DOCSIS 3.0 cable plans offering subscribers speed up to 100mbps downstream.

Then, there is the Wireless at SG, a government endoursed wireless access available for free (until 2009) in places with high human traffic such as shopping malls.

All these are part of the Singapore government's IT masterplan.  See:
http://www.in2015.sg/

cheers