[mythtv-users] yet another firewire question; difficulty with certain channels

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 03:24:23 UTC 2007

I have tried to set up firewire capture again, and am having some
success with the command line tools (test-mpeg2 and firewire_tester)
when my channels are set to non-HD on the cable box.  However, I can't
capture at all when I set to an HD channel, and the firewire_tester
program fails, whether using broadcast or p2p flags).

I don't think these are 5C encrypted as I am having this difficulty
with broadcast channels, and at one point, I was able to capture all
my channels via firewire.  Are there any suggestions anyone can give
me?