[mythtv-users] Mailinglist usage ?

Matt White whitem at arts.usask.ca
Thu Mar 1 03:03:03 UTC 2007

Scott Alfter wrote:
> Erland Isaksson wrote:
>> or I can do as I do know just keep every message just in case I sometime
>> in the future and wants to respond to it. Obviously this will be a lot
>> of wasted disk space.
>
> The ~560 messages (new and archived) currently in my MythTV IMAP folder take
> less than 4 MB.  Since the entire list is archived elsewhere already, there's
> not much of a point in saving everything.  Most of the time, there's not much
> point in replying to something more than a few days later, as someone else will
> most likely have already responded and all involved will have moved on to other
> matters.

Heh.  How about 2 GB or so for everything since 2003?  Web archives are
fine, but you just can't beat grepping the mailspool :-)

Seriously, though, if you don't have your own mail server, the
suggestion of GMail is a good one - it is very good at handling lists.

Matt White                          whitem at arts.usask.ca
Arts and Science Computer Labs      University of Saskatchewan