[mythtv-users] Script to keep DCT-6xxx boxes alive

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 19:51:10 UTC 2007

On 6/29/07, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am still unable to get it work.  It is getting a value of "null" for GUID.
> >

> <snip>
>
> I was able to get it to work by manually adding the GUID in the
> database in the form that this script expects it (all uppercase and
> missing the leading 0x.  The script now works.  But I wonder why the
> entry in the videodevice field was empty and if this is something to
> worry about in the future?

Gabe,

I believe that the version that you are running precedes the new
backend tuner changes that were made in later versions of 0.20.

Once you upgrade to this latest version, you will need to delete and
recreate your tuners in mythtv-setup.  When you do this MythTV
populates these fields automatically.

I strongly recommend you do, for the new tuner logic provide much more
reliability for firewire connections.

For now, your solution will work.

Tom