[mythtv-users] configure did not detect my cpu

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 09:08:19 UTC 2007

On 29/06/07, r2d2 <r2d2z4j6y8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am compiling release-0-20-fixes of mythtv under a 32bits kubuntu edgy eft
> on a intel C2D E6300 and I am retrieving the following message while
> ./configure --enable-dvb --disable-proc-opt --disable-xvmc
>
> *** WARNING ***
>  Your CPU was not detected properly:
>    uname -m: i686
>    uname -p: unknown
>  model name: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6300  @ 1.86GHz
>       flags: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
> pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe lm constant_tsc
> pni monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
>
>  If you are using a recent CVS checkout,
>  please e-mail the above to mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>  With the subject "configure did not detect my cpu"

You are not running a recent CVS checkout (from trunk, not the
0.20-fixes branch) which contains the necessary updates to the
configure script to recognise your CPU. You need to be running a
recent build of MythTV to report the error. The most recent update to
the 0.20-fixes configure script was 10 months ago.

You could update to trunk to get the latest CPU support *and* other
improvements (only bugfixes are backported to -fixes), or continue to
run the 0.20-fixes branch until the 0.21 release is released (and
that's "when it's ready").

Devs:

Perhaps the message needs to be made clearer to something like "If you
are using a recent SVN trunk build..." ?

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/