[mythtv-users] This is not a spam

brian turbo at talstar.com
Sat Jun 30 03:38:20 UTC 2007

David Schmidt wrote:
> On 6/29/07, Steve Smith <st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Good point! Maybe the polar bears have the answer to the Zap2It problem ;-)?
>
> Yeah, but even if so, they probably wouldn't tell you, being *rude*
> polar bears.  (-;

   Hey, wait a minute, now...  I think those polar bears are *onto something*

   To solve that bandwidth (non-)issue with distributing listings:  we simply attach
   the listing data to the bottom of spam messages that already pass through much of
   the network, already.  As they are processed through our spam filters (SpamAssassin,
   etc), a 'recipe' or 'rule' can be created to extract the relevant listings, and then
   inject them into our mythconverg databases.

   This is brilliant!  I'll start up a SpamConduit wiki, listserve, and sourceforge group,
   right away.

   ;-)