[mythtv-users] How to tune BBC HD channels?

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 22:27:26 UTC 2007

On 29/06/07, Ed W <lists at wildgooses.com> wrote:

> > I can confirm that I'm not able to record the BBC-HD signal from DVB-T
> > at the moment.  The last thing I recorded was on 10th June, which did
> > work.  I haven't changed anything since then on my system (SVN from
> > about 2 months ago) so I guess that either:
> >
> > The format of the DVB-T broadcast has been changed in a way that
> > mythtv doesn't understand, or
> >
> > They're not broadcasting at the moment on DVB-T.  I'll try again after
> > 7pm which I think is when the transmission normally starts.
> >

> Hi, presumably you can't "view" livetv either.  Just checking your
> terminology

To be honest I never even tried LiveTV, but I'd be certain it wouldn't
work - I'm only running on a 2.4GHz Sempron.

Since I saw the HD channel show up on a channel scan I was curious and
probably made about half-a-dozen recordings.  Interestingly some of
them 'try' to play - I get about a second of sound and picture, then a
big rip in the picture and a 4 or 5 second pause and then another
second of sound and picture.  Other recordings don't play at all.
I've had some success transcoding the recordings to mpeg 2, at which
point I can play them back OK.  However that's a bit of an effort,
there's really very little being broadcast in high def and I don't
have an HD screen to watch on - so I'd given up on it.  I would have
liked to see what the tennis looked like though, so it's a bit of a
bummer that it appears to have disappeared!

> Can you confirm which multiplex you (used to) get it on, ie freq?  I
> wonder if I just can't see that multiplex?

Now you're testing me.