[mythtv-users] pcHDTV 5500 suddenly getting partial lock from WGBH

mcblitz at verizon.net mcblitz at verizon.net
Thu Jun 28 16:10:18 UTC 2007

I setup a MythTV box about a year ago, and added a pcHDTV 5500 last fall.  Every thing has been working fine (except for occasional upgrade difficulties).  My main use of the pcHDTV 5500 is to record HDTV programming from PBS station WGBH in Boston. WGBH has 4 HDTV channels.

Up until the other day, everything was working from.  My last successful recording from WGBH was Nature on 6/25/07.  On 6/29/07 I expected to record Nova and Frontline.  When I went to view them, they we in the recorded list, but when I tried to play them, there weren't any files.

When I tried to view WGBH 2-2 live, I get "93% signal, LAM_V, partial lock"  This occurs on all 4 WGBH channels.  Other HDTV station still work fine.

I'm assuming that WGBH has changed its signal.  I saw a similar topic about someone's HomeRun unit also getting partial lock, and they upgraded to ATrpm's bleeding edge MythTV packages that solved their problem.  I upgraded to the bleeding edge last night, but it didn't solve the problem.

Has anyone seen a similar (and hopefully solved) a similar problem?

Thanks