[mythtv-users] HIPER HMC-2K53A as MythTv Frontend?

Dave Walker DaveWalker at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 27 21:12:08 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 14:17 -0400, Mark Buechler wrote:
> Has anyone made any progress on this yet?
>
> Thanks, Mark.
>
> On 5/29/07, James Armstrong <james at thearmstrongs.org> wrote:
>         The VFD / Button / Wifi (Dynamic M0-V0 / E150630) contain:
>
>         Weltrend WT65F5:
>         Says it is a low speed USB gaming controller. Probably used
>         for the front
>         buttons and possibly the interface to the VFD.
>
>         The WT65xx are highly integrated USB controller series for
>         PC's.
>         It integrates an optimized 8-bit microcontroller core, USB
>         function watch
>         dog timer, I/O, SRAM and Mask ROM into a single chip
>         controller. It's
>         low/full speed USB function is fully compliant with the USB
>         specification
>         version.
>

>         GL850A / MS1CB03G03 :
>         USB 2.0 4 port Hub
>         http://www.genesyslogic.com/eimages_tech/GL850A%
>         20Datasheet_168.pdf
>

>         RT2571:
>         RaLink USB Wireless Chip
>
>         RT2528:
>         RaLink 802.11
>

>         Futaba VFD DM140GINK

I have been working on trying to get this working with Linux.  I added
some scratchings to the wiki here:
	http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hiper_HMC-2K53A

The button events seem to be sorted but the VFD will require drivers.  I
have attempted to reverse engineer the protocol for the VFD and it seems
fairly sane.

The main problem encountered at this stage is of the
implementation/kernel bug that is represented by the broken port 3 of
the hub within the VFD display.

 --> hub 4-8:1.0: Cannot enable port 3.  Maybe the USB cable is bad?

I have been trying to fix this at kernel level, but have had little
success.

This bug has been reported to my distribution here:
	https://launchpad.net/bugs/122102

Any launchpad users, I would appreciate a comment on the above link to
confirm the bug.

Also, can anybody confirm what an board that was provided with my case.
it contains on one side, an IDE socket, and 2 smaller sockets that i
think are for power.  On the other side is something mounted.  I can
provide a photo if required.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker