[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend = black screen

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 18:56:01 UTC 2007

On 6/27/07, Captain Krypto <captainkrypto at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/27/07, Matt <skd5aner at gmail.com> wrote:

> than
> other
> the

> have
> > > never
> up.

> > > according
> > > fine.
> more
> > > info
> driver

> > >   Matt,  I'm using the latest drivers for my GeForce4 MX 440 from
> > > atrpms.net... 9639 to be exact.  What kind of setup are you running?
> > > Perhaps you can attach your xorg.conf and glxinfo?  I had it working
> before,
> > > but after changing the xorg.conf and updating the drivers... no dice.
> The
> > > problem was that I couldn't get the 1366x768 resolution with the old
> > > drivers, and now I can't get the opengl painter with the new drivers...

> > I'm by no means an expert, but I had this situation happen to me
> > before.  What solved it for me was simply re-installing the nvidia
> > binary driver.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Matt
> >

> Matt,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.  I have installed both the latest drivers from
> atrpms and also the nvidia binary driver with the same result.  What theme
> are you using?
>
> Dave

I'm using a theme in SVN.  However, it shouldn't be dependant on the
theme but the underlying UI code.  One thing you can do, is continue
to use the QT painter.  The only functionality, that I know of, that
you'll lose is the faiding between menus.   The other option is to see
if you have conflicting OpenGL installs somewhere.  You might try
re-installing myth after the video driver install as well because
maybe it wasn't able to reference the right opengl reference.
Honestly, I'm guessing here... but guessing (and google, and this
list) is what has allowed me to fix 97% of my linux/myth issues.

Hopefully, maybe someone else can give you a little more guidance.  I
wish I could, but I can only tell you what I did to fix the problem in
my particular instance.

What happens when you run: ls -la /usr/lib/libGL*

BTW - I'm running ubuntu feisty (server) 32 bit.  I also run the
binary driver from nvidia and not the packaged one in the ubuntu
repos.