[mythtv-users] Taking one input, formatting, appending second output

Dan Trainor dan.trainor at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 03:34:18 UTC 2007

HI, all -

I have no clue what to call this, so I went ahead and did the best I
could in the subject.  Hopefully I'll be able to explain a better idea
of what I'm trying to do here.

I was asked to figure out a pretty unique problem, in the sense that
we're trying to go for a setup that will take one traditional input -
RCA, Coax, what have you - and display that on the top ~80% of the final
processed output, whilst playing some other content on the bottom 20% of
the output.  The idea is, display the normal content on top, but have
some other content on the bottom, such as the stock ticker often seen on
CNN.  I don't know exactly what content that will be, but I'm thinking
and hoping just an infinitely looping video of some sort.

I know this is pretty far-fetched, but I was hoping that MythTV had a
mechanism to allow this behavior so I could investigate it further.
I've seen MythTV do some pretty amazing things, and I'm hoping this is
just another one of those things.

Thanks!
-dant