[mythtv-users] Is my processor too weak for watching live TV video and DVDs?

Thomas Pfau pfau at nbpfaus.net
Mon Jun 25 19:19:59 UTC 2007

Brad Patterson wrote:
> I just installed a PVR-150 in my myth box last week, and got it
> working "o.k." with an older video card that I had in the machine
> previously. The video during live TV playback was a little herky jerky,
> though, so I swapped out the old GE Force4 MX440 PCI video card with a
> brand new Nvidia FX5200 256MB PCI video card (from PNY). After I
> rebooted my machine, I went to watch live TV and all I got was 15
> seconds of blank/black screen (and no sound) and then I was kicked back
> to the main myth menu.<br>
> </b>Here are my machine specs:<br>
> AMD Athlon 850<br>
> 400MB of RAM<br>
> Hauppauge PVR-150 MCE edition (model #1062)<br>
> PNY
> Nvidia FX5200 PCI video card w/256MB of ram (the reason I am using a
> PCI video card is that this old mobo only has a 2x AGP port)<br>

I have an Intel 386 700MHz that runs MythTV just fine.  My PVR-150-MCE got
plugged into it when another machine died.  It has been recording for me
for about 6 months.  I occassionally use it for playback and have no
issues with it.  That machine has a I810 graphics chip on the motherboard.
 I could loook up other specs when I get home from work tonight.

--
tom_p
http://nbpfaus.net/