[mythtv-users] will Nova-T 500 work?

Janne Grunau janne-mythtvusers at grunau.be
Mon Jun 25 13:06:16 UTC 2007

On Monday 25 June 2007 08:24:45 Eduard Huguet wrote:
> [...]

But you still see disconnects? I haven't seen any in the last weeks and
I actually don't remember when I saw the last one. Logs aren't
available due to a hd failure.

I do remember that I haven't seen a disconnect since mid may. I'm using
2.6.21.* and v4l-dvb hg from the same time.
The error occured only sporadic here even with mythtv's eit scanning
enabled. But more than a month with two reboot and 24/7 running
mythbackend is a new record (previous record was 11 days).

It's hard to say after which it's safe to assume that the bug is fixed
especially since I have no hard statistics.
 But let's us assume normal distributed values with mean = 5 days and
variance = 2 (which are optimistic guesses. more realistic values are
mean = 3 days and standard deviation = 2 days).

The p-value for seeing one month (31 days) without without usb
disconnent is 4.490409e-11. I doubt anyone will claim that that is not
significant. I.e. it is very highly unlikely that the disconnects have
still the same occurance pattern.
There is a minor drawback, if the disconnects depend on the time since
the last reboot it's not over 31 days but just 17 p-value decreases to
0.00151. Still significant to the 1% level.

Janne