[mythtv-users] Modeline Woes (xorg.conf again)

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Sun Jun 24 14:44:59 UTC 2007

Ok -- I've finally installed a new mythtv in my bedroom -- and I'm having
serious issues.

Via HDMI, I can only get 480p resolution, when the manual, and EDID clearly
state that I should be able to do 1080i.

Via VGA, I can do 1024x768, but, whenever I try to play a high-dev stream, I
get a blue screen on the TV (and I can hear audio).  It *seems* like myth is
trying to change the resolution.  But, the TV still receives a 1024x768
signal -- it's just blue where the image should be (letterboxed, etc)

Attached is the log, & config including a modeline that I generated with
videogen.

Thanks in advance,

-Dave

--