[mythtv-users] Mooting architecture for a DataDirect replacement

jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Jun 22 17:42:53 UTC 2007

> On Thursday 21 June 2007 20:19, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
[deletia]
> - An awful lot of what's broadcast is repeats, movies, etc. I wonder if
>   some way of separating the schedule data from the program data would
>   be desirable, or at least providing a community-run database of

    Well, something like Program Name, Season Name, Episode Number and
Release date should be sufficient enough information to uniquely
identify a show. That could be embedded into the main guide data.

    Episode Titles and Descriptions could be something that could be
gotten either from a different source or as part of a separate
dataset.

    A cddb for TV And movies would be handy for those of us that have
video jukeboxes.

>   program data (similar to CDDB for CD data or IMDB). If we as a community
>   provide such a resource, or if we can leverage off of IMDB, that might
>   be helpful. The NNTP-provided schedule data could either embed basic
>   descriptions from the database or refer to the database entry. (The
>   latter would probably be more complex on the client side and would of
>   course greatly increase the load on the server.) Part of my thinking
>   here is that, to the extent that program descriptions can be considered
>   copyrighted (yes, I know this is debatable), if we provide our own
[deletia]