[mythtv-users] DVD Ripping was: Zap2it Labs Shutting Down?

David Campbell dave at cpfc.org
Thu Jun 21 10:27:21 UTC 2007

Chris Petersen wrote:
> People may not go after you for using decss software to rip/archive your
> own DVDs, but if enough people start using official forums (like this
> list) to talk about such things, they might go after MythTV devs (myself
> included) for facilitating violation of the DMCA or contributing to
> video "piracy".  Personally, I'd prefer that sort of thing not happen.

If people are this concerned about the postings on the mailing list to
the extent that they would stop checking in / submitting patches then I
think a mailing list is the wrong forum for these discussions as there
is absolutely no way of retracting/deleting/burying posts.

Having said that - the old school nature of some of the contributors
means I might as well been suggesting we build a space ship made of
cheese ;)

Dave