[mythtv-users] Commercials aren't actually removed

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Jun 21 00:27:07 UTC 2007

* On Sun Jun 17, 2007 at 09:42:44PM -0400, David Fishburn wrote:
> > Now here is the interesting thing (at least to me).
> > If I edit the video (in the frontend), and set the cut points.
> > Then from the frontend, run a transcode (autodetect which is
> > set to lossless and honour cut list), the command executed is:
> >
> > /usr/bin/mythtranscode -j 2274 -V 3 -p autodetect -l
> >

> > This does correctly and significantly change the filesize.
> > It also (correctly) zeros out the Commercial Skip List.
> >

> > The -j and -V switches are not listed in the --help above.
>
> So I have determined the -j is the jobid listed in the jobqueue.
> I can only assume the -V is some level of verbosity.

They're not in the help because they're not meant to be used b
users, they are there for the JobQueue to use.  -j is the JobQueue id
as you deduced, and -V is the numeric value of the combined -v options
passed to mythbackend or mythjobqueue, whichever one is calling
mythtranscode in this case.

--
Chris