[mythtv-users] Zap2it Labs Shutting Down?

Srikant Sharma srikant.sharma at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 19:00:56 UTC 2007

On 6/20/07, Michael Jones <mythlist at michaelandholly.com> wrote:

> Something like a Tier 1.. Tier x NTP server...
>
> That would work provided that Zap2It/TMS would allow us to
> "redistribute" their data on our own.

Precisely.

I assume their (zap2it/TMS) major complaint is the abuse of their facility
and the load on their servers.
So far, they were willingly sharing the data with all of us. They did not
have any complaints about what we did with our data.

However, if their complaint is something else and they not willing to share
the data with us then we
cannot follow this route. :(

Anyhow, if we somehow manage to get data from ANY source for EVERY region,
then we can redistribute
using peer-to-peer method easily without overloading the available source
and forcing them to shutdown.

--
Srikant