[mythtv-users] tv: MythTV -> RSS -> PSP automation

David Fishburn fishburn at ianywhere.com
Wed Jun 20 02:56:13 UTC 2007

Thanks for these files Greg.

A few questions.

1.  Where did you put tds.php?  Anywhere on your web server right?  Doesn't
have to be related to MythWeb or anything.

2.  Never used the RSS pieces on the PSP.  Just point it at the tds.php and
things should be self explanatory from there?

3.  How do you configure the PSP to do the automatic wakeup and download the
RSS feeds?

4.  psprssencode.sh

You are using this ffmpeg command line:
ffmpeg -i "$VIDEODIR/$FILENAME.tmp" -y -acodec aac -ab 96 -vcodec h264 -b
150kb -ar 48000 -mbd 2 -coder 1 -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -s 320x240 -r 30000/1001 -f
psp -flags loop -trellis 2 -partitions
parti4x4+parti8x8+partp4x4+partp8x8+partb8x8 -level 13
"${VIDEODIR}/${TITLE}_${STARTTIME}.MP4

I have been using this mencoder line (from pdatranscode.pl,
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Transcoding_for_the_PDA)
mencoder -aid 0 -oac lavc -ovc lavc -of lavf -lavcopts aglobal=1:vglob
al=1:vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=280:acodec=aac -af volume=25.1:0 -vf harddup
-lavfopts format=psp:i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames
-vf scale=368:208 -o {outfile} {infile} -quiet

A couple of points:

a.  I see the ffmpeg is using h264.  I would really like to use that.  Does
anyone know how to change the command line for mencoder to use h264 instead
of what it is currently using?  I can't even tell if it is using h264 and
the docs are not helping me either.  I believe it is a terminology issue and
my lack of basic understanding.

b.  What I _REALLY_ like about the mencoder command is I can boost the
volume.  The ffmpeg recordings are too quiet and I cannot hear them on the
plane.  The boost I give the mencoder command adds a little distortion but
that is much better than not actually hearing it.  I cannot see anyway of
increasing the volume using ffmpeg.

c.  ffmpeg is using -b 150kb and mecoder vbitrate=280.  I am retrying a test
now to see what the file size difference is between the two when I change
ffmpeg to -b 280kb.  I am assuming those will be equivalent at that point.

I love the combination of commericial removing and transcoding in 1 step.  I
frequently do this and I don't mind if it isn't completely accurate.  Gets
the job done most of the way.

Dave