[mythtv-users] Ahh - Evil xorg and modelines

Damian Surr damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Tue Jun 19 11:22:48 UTC 2007

Steve Smith wrote:
> Damian,
>
> The thing to do is to use the 255 level of debug, and then play around
> with how you input those Options until it stops rejecting 60hz modes.
> Just like we did with the NoDFP thing.
>
> Once you have that (& you can maintain the NoDFP thing at the same
> time!) you can try more exotic modes...

Will do Steve. I've learned a lot though doing this. I'm sure I'll trip
up again, but I'll get a lot further on my own first.

> BTW you mentioned elsewhere that the Native resolution of the projector
> was around 800 x 600 (or round abouts I can't remember the exact
> figure), usually to get the best picture its best to stick to this
> otherwise pixels get merged + blurred etc....of course higher
> resolutions can be usefull even if the projector doesn't keep up.

The native resolution is 480p (854x480). That's fine for Myth, but if I
want to do a quick browse in firefox or something then it's just too
low. I set beryl up on the machine too and couldn't even see the full
window of options when I was running 800x600. 1024 look much better all
round.

Thanks again for your help and for the 255 logging tip.

> Have fun!
>
> Cheers
>
> Steve

Cheers