[mythtv-users] Need F7 Front End PC to Poweroff from hard switch without warning

Greg Wildman list at itns.co.za
Mon Jun 18 17:02:12 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 11:40 -0700, David Krainess wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I upgraded a front end set up from FC5 to F7
> (re-install).  The only complaint is my WAF is down
> from 10 to 6.
>
> On FC5, when pressing the power button on the
> computer, the computer would shut down, in a somewhat
> graceful fashion.
>
> On F7, the mythtv exit warning comes up when pressing
> the power button and my wife must "tediously" use the
> remote to select "Exit and Shutdown" and then
> tediously press the enter button.
>
> This is causing some irratating comments, like "why
> did you have to mess with it", "why this", and "why
> that".  I don't really have a solution to the
> unsolvable question "why", so any help to make the
> power button bypass the mythtv exit screen would be
> appreciated.

David,

You can control that action from the gnome power management preferences.

System -> Preferences -> System -> Power Management

Look under the "General" Tab. I assume yours is on "ask me"  :-)

As to the question "why", I usually mutter something along the lines of

  "Because I love you dear"

--
Greg