[mythtv-users] Restore recording schedule after reinstall?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jun 19 00:42:43 UTC 2007

On 06/18/2007 08:25 PM, Mike LaPlante wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 06/18/2007 07:45 PM, Mike LaPlante wrote:
>>
>>> Currently if I go to Upcoming Recordings, nothing is listed.
>> Because your input connections configuration is broken.
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034
> Okay, well I didn't have my input connections 'exactly' like they were
> before the re-install because I was still working on the firewire input.
> I got firewire all working and dropped mythconverg and did the whole
> setup and restore over, looks like schedules are back in there.

They don't actually have to be "exactly" the same.  They just need to be
correct.  If they're broken (i.e. unusable by Myth), you'll see nothing
on "Upcoming Recordings" since it shows what Myth will record, not what
you've told Myth to record--in the case that you have no usable inputs,
there will be a difference.

The only time thing that needs to be "exactly" the same is your
callsigns, and /only/ if you want to reuse channel-based recording rules
(i.e. "record <whenever> on /this channel/").  Usually, though, you
should be using any-channel rules, so even that won't be an issue.  (I
switched from DISH network to OTA HDTV and none of my callsigns are the
same, and all of my recording rules imported into the "new hardware" DB
without issue and none needed changing.)

Mike