[mythtv-users] Firewire in Fedora 7, 2.6.21 firewire changes

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Sun Jun 17 14:43:54 UTC 2007

Has anyone tried getting a firewire STB setup in F7 yet? Or any distro
using 2.6.21?

I upgraded my backend in hopes of this new firewire stack helping some
of the firewire problems that plagued me. I should have researched a bit
more >.<.

I have modprobed all the new fw modules, but I'm not seeing anything in
the dmesg, plugreport doesn't show anything either.

So I may be looking at the possibility of trying to recompile the
kernel, supposedly the old modules are still there but need to be
enabled. Just curious if anyone else has walked this path yet.

Mike