[mythtv-users] Questions about Mythweb

Per Jørgensen udbytossen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 12:01:40 UTC 2007

Greetings

Per Jørgensen
udbytossen at gmail.com <mailto:udbytossen at gmail.com>
<mailto:udbytossen at gmail.com>/\/o place like 127.0.0.1
Linux-user nr: 393221

Brian Wood skrev:
> Per Jørgensen wrote:
>
>> Hey guys.
>>
>> Not shure if this is rigth.
>> But I have setup my whole machine perfectly running - The only last
>> thing I need for now - is the music from Mythweb.
>>
>> I have setupo .htaccess on the website - so when I want to browse my
>> music its possible - but when I want to play the music directly in the
>> browser(firefox) I get a 401 - unauthorized access. Is there anything
>> you can do so that its possible that way around to play the music
>> directly in the browser -. that'll be cool so that you can stream your
>> mnusic anywhere in the world!
>>

> I never use MythWeb for access from outside my home network, andI don't
> use it for music (my iPod takes care of that function "anywhere in the
> world"). But:
>
> You might take a look at the access and error logs, most likely located
> in /var/log/httpd (unless something's changed in the last year). Those
> logs may give you a clue to the problem.
>
> Also, .htaccess is not the greatest security in the world. It works, but
> a lot of people understand it. If you have any sort of firewall on your
> home network you might want to consider limiting port 80 access (or
> whatever non-standard port you might be using) to just those locations
> or networks that you actually need access from. Even allowing an entire
> ISP or two's network range(s), as opposed to "the entire world", can
> keep out a LOT of bad guys.

I have off course a firewall - But I build it my self eith IPtables and
filtering the IPadresses - So that wouldn't be that bug of a problem -
Caurse only a limited IPadresses have access there . The problem is to
play it directly in the browser instead og downloading it first.

But thanks for the thoughts - But the logfiles only accepting this as a
new connection (That means that the mplayer/mms is making a new
coinnection and therefore should validate again - But that's where the
problems stands !