[mythtv-users] ALSA Headaches with SPDIF output on FC6. Suggestions?

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 15 19:41:29 UTC 2007

Hello Listland,

For reasons I wont go into here I switched from Ubuntu to FC6 (Actually
MythDora which I promptly modified to my own liking). Under Ubuntu I had
no problems getting both SD and HD tv programs to output thru the spdif
connector and my amp happily switched between Dolby Digital and PCM
depending on the channel. Now I am unable to get PCM to play thru the
spdif. In both cases I used the .asoundrc file from Jarods site so thats
not the problem. Any thoughts or suggestions on things to check or where
to look?

PS - I am running the trunk branch of SVN. (Told you I promptly modified
MythDora) :-)

TIA,
Bill