[mythtv-users] Can Someone please help me make my system stable?

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 03:06:48 UTC 2007

> Can you set the pci latency on your motherboard? I used to get a lot
> of lock ups when i got the above from dmesg. Setting the latency to
> the highest value i could has made my system much more stable.
>
> Cheers
> Matt

well i set the PCI latency via this command to 176...

setpci -v -s 00:0b.0 latency_timer=b0

after reading the info on the wiki.  Ill see if this helps.  It seems to
make sense that this is the issue because the lockup never occurs during
idle.  only when recording SD and maybe something else.  If it still does
lockup ill try setting it higher.

Thanks for the help so far.  I really appreciate it.

Mitchell