[mythtv-users] changechannel issue

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 18:26:42 UTC 2007

On 14/06/07, matt lutz <myth.matt.lutz at gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I have directv and I'm controlling my receiver via the serial port.  I'm
> using the directv.pl script.  Everything has worked fine for a couple of
> years, until recently.  Sometimes the channel does not change properly for
> recordings.  When I manually change while watching live TV, everything
> always seems fine, but this has now happened 4 times in the past couple of
> weeks.  Is there any debugging I can look at to see if something's up?
> There's nothing in the logs to indicate a problem at the time of the
> recording...

Have you had any channel updates in the past few weeks? You may find
that the channel number that is being passed to the script
(channel.freqid) on channel change is missing/corrupted. You can use
the channel,recording log levels to provide additional infomation in
the mythbackend logfile, and use the channel editor to ensure your
channels have the correct freqids (the values passed to the channel
change scripts).

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki: