[mythtv-users] Can Someone please help me make my system stable?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 03:21:13 UTC 2007

On 13/06/07, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Do you see any ivtv related messages in
> > /var/log/messages or from the command dmesg after a crash?
>

> Sorry for not trimming.  I dont see that when using Gmail.  I will try to
> remember to bottom post in the future.
>
> here is what is in my /var/log/messages file refering to ivtv
>
> [root at mythtv myth]# cat /var/log/messages |grep ivtv
> Jun 11 18:46:14 mythtv kernel: ivtv0 warning: Invalid PGM index 178891420
> (>= 400)

<snip>

> Jun 12 21:05:16 mythtv kernel: ivtv:  ==================== START INIT IVTV
> ====================
> Jun 12 21:05:16 mythtv kernel: ivtv:  version 0.10.3 (tagged release)
> Jun 12 21:05:16 mythtv kernel: ivtv:  Linux version: 2.6.20-1.2952.fc6 SMP
> mod_unload 686 4KSTACKS

<snip>

Mitch,

I'm wondering whether this is a DMA/VBI issue? There are a couple of
similar error messages on the ivtv-users list, where you should take
this thread.

Are you able to revert back to an earlier kernel and ivtv 0.9.x
release to see if the problem still persists?

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/