[mythtv-users] Requesting help setting up HDHomeRun

Bob Diss rldiss at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 14:23:07 UTC 2007

Kirk,

Yes, I've been following your thread closely, and have
been playing along at home.  That's partially how I've
gotten to the point I'm at now. :-)

Sorry, no Windows, but I am able to use their
Mac-based HDHRControl app.  It lets me tune channels
and watch via VLC.  The channels I'm trying to setup
are viewable with this tool.  I also use the
hdhomerun_config tool, which is able to do a complete
channel scan.

To reiterate, in my setup the MythTV channel scanner
does not able to find _any_ channels.  The scanning
process completely fails.  This seems to be different
from other posters, as I'm not able to get any
starting point created from which to work.  This is
why I'm so interested in finding someone who would
post at-least one set of working dtv_multiplex and
channel records, so that I could compare with what
I've manually created.

One sticking point for me is the "sourceid" column.
You can find it in both the dtv_multiplex and channel
tables.  I'm not sure if this is a foreign-key
reference to another table, and if so, to which table,
as there are a few possibilities.  I think it's a FK
to videosource.sourceid, but I'm not sure.

I thought I was getting there when I saw the "Partial
Lock" message, but I don't know what to examine next.
It's just close...

> Kirk Bocek wrote:
> Bob you might check the archives for my recent
thread
> on the HDHR. I've been getting some great help from
> Daniel, Bill, Mr. Newbury and everyone else.
>
> Have you been able to tune channels using the
Windows