[mythtv-users] HD Homerun Tuning Problems

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Wed Jun 13 03:37:18 UTC 2007

Rick wrote:
> What did your hdhomerun scan return for the offending channel?  Also,
> from what I understand, quick tune will cause mythtv to pass the tuning
> "request" to hdhomerun without attempting to do it by itself.  Quick
> tuning is only available from the svn trunk (I think).  For example, I'm
> running 0.20-fixes branch and I don't have quick tuning.

The HDHR GUI app scans all the missing channels just fine. In fact, that's how
I was able to get the proper service IDs for the missing channels. There are
no errors with the HDHR app. Myth simply refuses to see or tune the missing
channels.

> As a test, I temporarily upgraded to the trunk, turned on quick-tune and
> mythtv found the missing channel.  This was *without* me having to
> manually enter that record into the dtv_multiplex table.  Personally, I
> didn't want to run trunk so I restored my db back to what it was in the
> fixes branch and went from there.  For you, it might be worthwhile to
> try that approach... if nothing else it might help narrow the problem
> down a bit.  Of course, back up your database before attempting cause
> once you go forward, you can't go back again.

So did you see the 'quick tune' option when running the stable branch? I'm
getting conflicting info here whether that option should be available in the
stable branch (20.1) or only in the 'bleeding' branch.

Could you share a few more details on your upgrade and downgrade process? I
get the backup-the-database instructions and can do that from phpMyAdmin
pretty easily. I'm running Myth installed from Axel's ATrpms repository. I'm
not quite sure how to enable the bleeding branch and disable the stable branch
other than manually downloading all the RPMs from the ATrpms web site.

Thanks,
Kirk Bocek