[mythtv-users] Command Line Options for frontend? Channel Editor?

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Wed Jun 13 00:07:39 UTC 2007

> Is there a way to give Myth the resolution and window-option via
> commandline or, alternatively, point myth to a different setup, so i
> only have to create 2 small scripts to have myth start both ways?
> Any other solution that gets my task done is also appreciated :)

 Yes, you can use the -geometry command to specify the menu size and -w to
tell it to run as a window so it will have the titlebar for you to move around.

> is there some easy way to edit channels? The backend-editor is a bit
> uncomfy if you have many channels.

 Mythweb has a nice editor which I use often. Or at least it does in SVN.
I don't remember 0.20/0.20-fixes but you can check for it.

> (aka is there a script to get that info out of the database into a
> channels.conf?) so I may simply edit the channels.conf to my liking?

 Can't say I've ever seen one, but there might be one out there. If you find
one it would be a good addition to the contrib scripts.