[mythtv-users] Ahh - Evil xorg and modelines

Steve Smith st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 08:43:55 UTC 2007

David,

No I think you may be getting a bit confused about the ssh bit. We suggested
using ssh (or even telnet) because Damian's email PC is in a different room
from his myth PC, using SSH means he can copy & paste the logs into the
emails much easier. It's a good idea to make sure xdm/gdm etc is NOT running
& confusing the issue though.

We can actually debug this thing purely from the Xorg.0.log file, don't even
need to see the X display (so long as we've got --logverbose 5 turned on).

Cheers

Steve