[mythtv-users] Ahh - Evil xorg and modelines

Alan Calvert cal at graggrag.com
Tue Jun 12 03:25:00 UTC 2007

Damian Surr wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Have I done something so stupid that it's not worth responding to or are
> we running out of things to try?

Yes to both perhaps. If you go back to the start of this thread, and read
_carefully_ through the responses you've already received, I think you'll
find you've already been given all the advice you need to solve your problem.

You seem obsessed with achieving 1024x768 (with great difficulty!), yet from
your logs I suspect you'd get 800x600 happening ever so easily. Perhaps
consider lowering your goals to 800x600 and letting it quietly "just work".

> I've already wasted for more time than should have  on it.

and you're not alone in that. Good luck.