[mythtv-users] Best nvidia video card for Myth

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Jun 11 22:02:11 UTC 2007

On Jun 11, 2007, at 2:57 PM, Michelle Dupuis wrote:

> After 3 weeks of pulling my hair out with myth, I'm accepting the
> fact that my new $125 ATI video card was a bad purchase.
>
> I'm starting to investigate nvidia cards, and have heard about
> overlay problems (Black & white only), etc.  Which Nvidia card
> would experts recommend which meet these requirements:
>
> 1. Dual head (DVI is fine, but must include VGA adapter/conversion
> capability)
> 2. PCIe 16 interface
> 3. Fanless (big heatsink is ok)
> 4. HDCP support - nice to have
> 5. HD capable (decoding 1900x1200 full frame rate no problem)
>
> Thanks,
> MD

I'm thrilled with my 6200. It's not fanless because I bought one of
the first models that came out and it's overclocked, but there are
fanless ones now. You only need to worry about a black and white
overlay if you're running with XvMC. If you have enough processing
power to not need XvMC, any of the nvidia cards will function properly.