[mythtv-users] Deinterlace stopped working in latest SVN trunk

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Sun Jun 10 22:11:50 UTC 2007

HI!

Brad Templeton wrote:

> And in particular, with these broadcasts, when myth is detecting supposedly
> progressive frames and turning off deinterlace, the result is I see all sorts
> of comb aliasing, so something wrong is going on -- and I doubt the stations are
> randomly switching between progressive and interlaced frames every second.

I am seeing similar things here in Germany since switching from analogue
to DVB-C.

Every station is sending interlaced content. Most are detected correctly.

But some are always detected as progressive (which switches off Bob
deinterlacer), which is simply not true, because they play jerky and I
see interlace artifacts.

If I force MythTV to Video Scan = Interlaced (which reenables Bob
Deinterlacer) everything looks OK again.

There are even some channels, were interlaced/progressive is switching
every few seconds.

I think there is a ticket about this:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2429

Thomas