[mythtv-users] Diseqc problem with SG2100 rotor and MythTV

Mlists mlists at dressler.ca
Sun Jun 10 15:39:25 UTC 2007

> I'm at 6 degrees south. My manual said to turn with Diseqc to the
> nearest satellite with the lowest power (in my case Sirius at 5 east)
>
> Then I needed to turn the rotor until I got an image on my TV. To my
> knowledge 19.2e on the scale must be the 19.2e satellite.
>
> Besides: my setup worked for 3 years with a Dreambox DM500 and a MVision
> receiver using USALS (Diseqc 1.3)

I'm using one of these motors and have been for a while.  Best way with
Mythtv is to use USALS.  Set your dish up to point DUE SOUTH.  Set the
elevation and azimuth as per the book.

Then in Myth, set up your motor in the diseqc tree - don't forget to add
your LNB after the motor.  Then add a satellite that's in the sound like
91W or similar (depending on LNB you have).  Do a scan for channels or
something similar and the dish/motor will turn to point to that
satellite.  If everything was setup properly you should see a lock.  If
you don't, then you have to loosen some ofthe bolts and turn the entire
thing ease/west up/down until you get the strongest signal.  After you
have locked onto this first satellite, you should have no problems
getting the rest in!

Good luck.

Norm