[mythtv-users] Diseqc problem with SG2100 rotor and MythTV

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Jun 10 14:35:28 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 16:34 +0200, Gert-Jan de Boer wrote:
> The rotor turns on its own scale to around 17.
> I have pointed the rotor so that 19.2 points to 19.2.

I'm a satellite newbie, but my manual said to find a satellite
as close to pointing directly South as possible (in the Northern
hemisphere), then turning the rotor so that it should be
pointing in that direction (in my case it turned 1 degree) and
then fine tuning. If you are at 22 degrees you should try to
find a satellite in the range 21-23 to point to even if it
doesn't have the strongest signal or any programming you are
interested in. (Oh, and this is Geographic South you want,
where I am the Geographic and Magnetic South poles differ by
about 14 degrees.)

Anyway, I'm using SVN head and there degrees in MythTV using
GOTOX match where the rotor points.. I don't think this has
changed since 0.20-fixes either.

FYI The scale on the rotor will usually not match the longitude
of the Satellite, since your longitude is likely not zero.
(Live in the Greenwich? :)

-- Daniel