[mythtv-users] nforce4 and AC3 SPDIF passtrough - anybody ?

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Sun Jun 10 12:26:59 UTC 2007

Hi *

Has anybody successfully configured r5f1 to pass-through AC3 on nforce4 hw ?
My mobo is Foxconn K8MA-8EKRS (nforce4 based).
I successfully managed to play mythtv, mythmusic & mplayer with stereo AVIs.
Problem is with AVI with AC3 sound (passthrough).
My receiver react quite strange and randomly:
-sometimes I hear 5.1 sound but my receiver is not displaying DD 5.1
type of signal
-when my receiver displays DD5.1 - so sound is on speakers :-(

It behaves like some registers in nforce4 spdif hardware are set
randomly...
On ALSA forums I saw that problem is related to lack of documentation of
nforce4....
Will alsa 1.0.14 help here ?
Is anybody was at all able to use AC3 passthrough on nforce4. Many nice
boards for Myth FE are based on this chipset - so it would be nice to
have fully working spdif...

thx in advence