[mythtv-users] weather

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Sun Jun 10 09:37:50 UTC 2007

Bill wrote:
> Take a look at http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3337, and look at the
> scripts added by simonflood (ignore the orginals - mine, except for the
> weather icons).  This adds weather.com as a source to mythweather-revamp,
> which should work for your location.
>
> However, you may be best off with applying the patch from
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3327 (which is my patch), to mythweather
> from SVN.  This patch changes the mythweather to use weather.com as a
> source.  I couldn't get mythweather-revamp to fully work on my system so I
> will wait until mythweather-revamp is completed and incorporated into SVN.

I've been trying to install this and get it working with
mythweather-revamp, but I seem to have fallen at the final hurdle.

When I go into Info Center -> Weather, I just get the "loading...
mythweather [retrieving weather data]" screen forever.

If I press ESC at this point I go back to the menu, if I press the right
arrow mythfrontend restarts :-?

Any ideas?

Here is what I've done:

Got the latest mythweather-revamp from SVN, compile and installed just
the mythweather module on my existing Gentoo build of mythtv
(media-tv/mythtv-0.20.1_p13344) by following
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Using_mythweather-reavmp_with_trunk_mythtv.
  It seems to have gone ok, I can get into the setup screens, add
screens, etc.

Downloaded weathercomXML.3.pl from
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3337 and saved it into
/usr/share/mythtv/mythweather/scripts as weahtercomXML.pl (should I have
removed the "3" ?)

Unzipped the icon files and saved them into
/usr/share/mythtv/themes/default/

Restarted mythfrontend.

Went into the weather setup screen and added current conditions for
Swindon, UK.  This found it and said the provider was weathercomxml.

Go into Info Center -> Weather and nothing, just the loading screen.

In the mythfrontend logs I see :

2007-06-10 10:30:43.035 Starting update of weathercomXML
2007-06-10 10:30:43.070 XMLParse::LoadTheme using
/usr/share/mythtv/themes/default-wide/weather-ui.xml
2007-06-10 10:30:43.201 Current Conditions is in database, but not theme
file
2007-06-10 10:30:43.346
/usr/share/mythtv/mythweather/scripts/weathercomXML.pl -u SI -d
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/MythWeather/weathercomXML UKXX0147 has exited

Which looks ok, apart from maybe "Current Conditions is in database, but
not theme file".  I'm using mythcenter-wide as my theme...

Checking in /home/mythtv/.mythtv/MythWeather/weathercomXML I see

robert at mythbox $ ls -l /home/mythtv/.mythtv/MythWeather/weathercomXML
total 12
-rw-r--r-- 1 mythtv video  707 Jun 10 10:17 cc-cache.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 mythtv video 4884 Jun 10 10:17 fc-cache.xml

I've tried deleting these files, and they get recreated when I go into
the weather screen.

If I run

/usr/share/mythtv/mythweather/scripts/weathercomXML.pl -u SI -d
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/MythWeather/weathercomXML UKXX0147

I get

3dlocation::Swindon, United Kingdom
6dlocation::Swindon, United Kingdom
appt::17°
cclocation::Fairford RAFB, United Kingdom
cclogo::TWClogo_64px.png
ccprovider::Weather data provided by weather.comŽ
date-0::Today
date-1::Tomorrow
date-2::Tuesday
date-3::Wednesday
date-4::Thursday
date-5::Friday
desc1::AM Showers
desc2::AM Showers
desc3::Showers
dewpoint::15°
fclocation::Swindon, United Kingdom
fclogo::TWClogo_64px.png
fcprovider::Weather data provided by weather.comŽ
high-0::23
high-1::23
high-2::20
high-3::19
high-4::16
high-5::18
icon-0::39.png
icon-1::39.png
icon-2::11.png
icon-3::39.png
icon-4::11.png
icon-5::11.png
latitude::51.5633
longitude::-1.7706
low-0::13
low-1::13
low-2::12
low-3::12
low-4::12
low-5::11
observation_time::Jun 10, 09:58 AM Local Time
pressure::1017.6 =
relative_humidity::88
station_id::UKXX0147
temp::17°
updatetime::Jun 10, 06:24 AM Local Time
visibility::6.0
weather::Cloudy
weather_icon::26.png
wind_dir::E
wind_gust::N/A
wind_speed::16 km/h
wind_spdgst::16 (N/A) km/h

Which looks like I've got some weather data, and it looks about right
(temp is reasonable anyway).

Any ides what wrong?

Thanks,
Robert.