[mythtv-users] Zoom/Aspect Ratio Issue

Andreas Schubert andreas.schubert at die-einrichtung.org
Sat Jun 9 23:56:15 UTC 2007

Hello All,

this is my first mail to this list and i decided to do so as I didn't
find any hint in the documentation about the following:
I have a linux server running mythbackend and mythfrontend. That
works perfectly. This computer is connected to my 4:3 tv set.
Everything works fine and I am able to change aspect ratio with the
"w" key (actually I use a remote).

Now I decided to have another mythfrontend on my laptop to stream
content over wlan to it. Works fine except changing the aspect ratio.
The only thing that happens when I press "w" is that the OSD changes
aspect ratio, but not the video/tv-show. Manual zoom doesn't work
either.

Btw. my laptop is a macbook and I wanted to use the mac mythfrontend.
But I also tried it with ubuntu, same thing.

Is there anything I missed? Or is this a bug? Or a feature... ?

Any help would be very kind.

Oh, the mythtv version is 0.20.1.

Kind regards,
Andreas