[mythtv-users] TV manual says not to connect to a computer

jason maxwell decepticon at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 20:14:21 UTC 2007

On 6/9/07, Jonathan Seawright <jonathanathome at verizon.net> wrote:

>  What is the best way to make sure your refresh is at 60Hz? 720p is
> 1280x720 right btw?

Correct. In my xorg.conf, I just set the VertRefresh 's upper limit to 60.0,
and set "1280x720" as the only resolution in my "Display" subsections. Most
distros have a gui tool to configure the resolution with that will show you
the current settings. The Nvidia settings tool will also show you what
you're currently running.
Note that my TV's native resolution is 720p, but yours may not be. You might
want to check the web (try avsforum.com) to find what it is for your model,
or maybe the owners manual will tell you.
-J