[mythtv-users] Missing Serial Port

Kevin Embree embree.kevin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 20:33:16 UTC 2007

I have been slowly assembling a mythtv system over the past few months. I've
got almost everything set, except I don't have any serial port on the
super-duper new motherboard to control the cable box. I have only 2 PCI
slots and 1 is taken by my first Video capture card. I'd rather not put a
PCI->serial card in as I won't be able to add a second Video Capture card,
as I would like to do. I bought a PCIexprss Serial card but the it doesn't
support the latest Kernel. I was wondering what options I might have.

Thanks for your time