[mythtv-users] Unusual Audio/Video lag on an AMD64 3000+

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jun 7 22:00:38 UTC 2007

On 06/07/2007 05:53 PM, Jonathan Seawright wrote:
> Alright, cool.
>
> What about mythcommflag --rebuild? could I just add that to the file?

You have to specify a specific recording whose seektable needs
rebuilding.  And you won't want to run that daily, either.  It's
something that's never required on a properly functioning system, so you
should run it manually "as needed."  (If I start watching a show that I
plan to delete once finished, I'll sometimes just watch it even with a
corrupt seektable, being very careful to minimize jumping/seeking.
Other times, I'll actually rebuild the seektable if I want to be able to
jump/seek.)

> I just tried to watch a program... I'm still getting quite a bit of lag (and
> the system freezes at times when I try to do stuff inside the guide)... and
> some of my recorded programs aren't showing up in the list of recorded
> programs o_0

Which means you may have had a lot more corruption than just the
recordedseek table...  On the bright side, there's always
myth.rebuilddatabase.pl.

Mike