[mythtv-users] Determining 5C status on SA3250HD?

Dan Brown dan at familybrown.org
Thu Jun 7 19:50:32 UTC 2007

I'm trying to get my new SA3250HD box working with Myth over firewire,
and I'm stuck at getting firewire_tester to work.  On both P2P and
Broadcast modes, it's failing consistently.  From what I've read, I
see that the box should be tuned to a non-5C channel for these tests
to work.  What I don't see, though, is a way to determine whether a
given channel or program is 5C-encrypted.

I've seen two suggests in the archives, but neither works for me.  One
says to press the OK button on the STB remote until the mail light
starts flashing on the STB, and then press the Info button.  The other
suggestion uses the pause and pgup/down buttons, respectively.  When I
try either of these, I never get to the point of the mail light
flashing, even when holding down the respective button for 30-45
seconds.

In case it matters (i.e., for the type of remote supplied with the
STB), I'm with Time Warner in Dayton, Ohio.  I've tried searching the
web for a way to put the box into diagnostic mode, but I can't seem to
find anything.  What should I try next?

Dan Brown, KE6MKS, dan at familybrown.org
"Since all the world is but a story, it were well for thee to buy the
more enduring story rather than the story that is less enduring."
  -- The Judgment of St. Colum Cille