[mythtv-users] OT: 'Intelligent' router for home myth system?

migmog migmog at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 15:50:25 UTC 2007

> You probably want to look into a Linksys NSLU2 (slug)...

Aye. Only I want to be a wireless router as well - there's not enough
holes in the slug to plug in all those ethernet cables ;-) Besides,
I've already got a slug-equiv NAS box which works fine. I want to
switch it off.

I think there's a gap in the market for an embedded 'one box' that
handles all your
broadband/LAN/wifi/voip/print-file-lamp-server/iTunes/uPNP/cellphone-backup
etc etc needs.

Needn't be big or powerful - 32 or 64MB Broadcom/Arm/Mips should be
able to do it. Then we could even plug in a USB TV tuner and get it to
be a mini-backend.

Unless someone makes one already. My Maxtor NAS and router do all
this, but that's two boxes with two plugs.