[mythtv-users] dvb-t card with CI

btsglw btsglw at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 10:39:47 UTC 2007

On 05/06/07, Ruud Boersma <ruud at claru.nl> wrote:
> I can only find this card on the internet that has a common interface
> for smartcards:
> https://www.satshop.nl/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=240
>
> Does anyone know of anoter card with CI that is well supported under
> linux and mythtv?

I got the Twinhan VP-3040 DVB-T card and it works great in linux
2.8.18 and upwards. The only drawback is that it uses 2 pci slots as
the CI part is on a separate pci card.

I had thought about modding a hdd cooler case to allow me to place the
CI card into it and slot it into an external bay so I could free up
the pci slot but haven't got around to it.

HTH

Ver